Furniture Brand Spotlight: Steelcase Thread
Throughout office and daily life, the struggle of finding an outlet to power a laptop or phone is well known. Sacrificing comfortable seating arrangements to be close to a power source or suffering through the disconnection from the technology world are both real everyday issues. Steelcase offers a way to eliminate this dilemma. Steelcase Thread proposes portable and convenient power distribution in the places we work and learn.
Thread’s ultra thin design can lie underneath carpet in order to avoid obstructing walkways. With a height of only 3/16”, this technology offers spacious form and quick and simple installment.
- Plug adapter (8.” D x 2″ W x 1.” H)
- Power Hub (30, 36″ H x 8″ D)
- Power track (8″ W x .” H x 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96, 108, 120, 132, 144″ L)
- Power track infeed (8″ W x .” H x 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96, 108, 120, 132, 144″ L)
- Blank Low Profile: 9.” D x .” H
- One-Door Low Profile: 9.” D x .” H
- Two-Door Low Profile: 9.” D x .” H
- NEMA Monument: 9.” D x 2.” H
On average, people carry up to three devices on them at all times. With our hectic lives, we find ourselves always needing more power, but not having enough resources around us. Steelcase pinpointed what consumers struggle with and offered a solution. As technology is growing, power supplies need to increase as well. Thread is the tool that will aid in creating more options for workspaces and productive ones for that matter.